What is Bluegrass?
Bluegrass is typically played on acoustic stringed instruments and is a sub genre of country music with roots in traditional English, Irish and Scottish ballads, and in traditional blues and jazz.
Saturday, Dec 11, 2021
12-2 pm –
2-4 pm –
4-6 pm –
Dirty Blanket is a modern bluegrass group from the Finger Lakes region of New York.
tells us that they started the band mostly for fun, with him looking for an outlet for the songs he has written. They have caught on with upstaters who enjoy the bluegrass sound matched up with their raucous attitude, and are looking to expand into adjoining states.
“We’re just trying to spread our messages to everyone, and our shows draw the attention of people of all ages and backgrounds. We feel extremely blessed with how things have gone for the last three years. The wheels have been turning faster and faster, and our name is growing quicker than we ever expected. We’re playing a Halloween show in Naples, New York at Hollerhorn Distilling’s brand new venue, and I think the place holds around 250 max capacity – but the event page has over 700 people trying to get tickets.”
Dirty Blanket includes Max Flansburg on guitar, Richie Colf on mandolin, Joel Fedkiw on banjo, and Aaron Oldweiler on bass.
You can follow them on Facebook.
- Ironrock Brewing Company is located right in Canal Place, steps from the Little Falls Bluegrass Festival events. They are a craft beer manufacturer that produces all of its beer right on-site with high-quality, local ingredients from local farms.
- This years event will be part of Christmas in Little Falls, being held December 11, 2021. There will be PLENTY of food to go around as part of the event, including a soup-fest.
Workshops will be held inside of the Cafe at Stone Mill.
Appalachian Still is an acoustic string band out of Northampton, Massachusetts playing high energy Americana that combines oldtime mountain music with bluegrass, rock, and folk. This New England group has managed to create a unique sound that is distinctly their own yet remains rooted in the heart of Appalachia. Drawing from a repertoire of traditional tunes, original material, and covers, this band combines traditional music of Appalachians with many “modern” influences like The Band, Old Crow Medicine Show, The Grateful Dead, Norman Blake, and The Avett Brothers.
Appalachian Still formed in the Spring of 2005; after busking on the streets of Northampton and honing their chops together in local coffee shops and bars, the band has picked up additional musicians along the way and graduated to the regional circuit, playing venues and festivals throughout the Greater New England area and beyond. They’ve had the chance to open for some legends like the Del McCoury Band, and their songs have been featured on radio stations from Vermont to Georgia. For these boys, it’s all about the music and they show no signs of slowing down.
Visit their website at https://appalachianstill.wordpress.com/
- The Bluegrass, Brews & BBQ Festival offers music for all ages, celebrating creative expression and nurturing the art of songwriting. The one-day festival will be held on December 11th, 2021 from 12 pm to 6 pm at three different locations around the City.
- Address:590 Garden St, Little Falls NY 13365
- Email:email@example.comOpens in your application